APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM (SUMMER 2021)
Date: Mondays through Thursdays from June 7 to July 1, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Four (4) weeks’ summer bridge program that will emphasize the development of competencies in energy systems with emphasis in resiliency and the challenges presented by human needs in the 21st century. Students will have the opportunity of competing in the Engithlon Surviving Mode challenge. There will be a prize for the team of students that develop the best idea to solve an energy related problem.
The application process is now open for 9th to 12th grade students. To apply click here (see Requirements and Application documents below).
- Prepare student for university work.
- Exposition to formal courses (curricular component), seminars and workshops.
- Competition Participation: Engithlon Surviving Mode
- The best idea from the energy area will be chosen
- Award and certificate for the best idea
- Be a student in good standing (students are not required to study engineering but should have an interest in sciences or engineering).
- GPA (grade point average) of at least 2.50 / 4.0 ("por lo menos 2.50 de promedio acumulativo").
- Devote, during Monday through Thursday, 6.5 hours during the months of June (7) to July (1) (4 weeks = 20 days).
- Attend all courses and seminars and be on-time and participative.
- Prepare presentations in one topic of energy based on literature research.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
(Continued support is subjected to performance evaluations.)
- Fill out the 1-page application form here.
- Write a 1-page essay (must be in English, no less than 250 and no more than 500 words) discussing why do you want to participate in the High School Energy Summer Internship 2021, what do you expect to gain out of the experience, and how the experience will help you attain your academic goals and career plans.
- Copy of last Official transcripts (GPA evidence).
- Parents need to sign authorization for the student’s participation.
- Open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
Submit PDF files of these documents, via the web application
Documents and application must be submitted no later than Thursday, April 15, 2021.