Free registration is now open. Please visit http://prec.pr/registration
To contribute to its goal of disseminating knowledge relevant to Energy Systems Education in Science and Technology, CIESESE in collaboration with the José Domingo Pérez School of Engineering of the Universidad del Turabo announces this Seminar Series.
These events are important venues for academics, students, and professionals in general, to participate in presentations on cutting edge technology topics. The interaction between attendants and lecturers will promote professional growth and stimulate future applications and research.
To register for one or various seminars visit http://prec.pr/registration . Please note that if you would like to attend multiple seminars you need to register for each one individually. To see more information about the presentation and presenter, click on its title.
Seminars will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on their respective date (except for the Cogeneration seminar on September 14 which is scheduled for 10:00 a.m.) at Escuela de Negocios y Empresarismo, room EAE-102. A light lunch will be provided for registered attendants (no lunch will be served on September 14). A PREC certificate will be provided for each seminar to attendees that request it, while certification from the Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors Association of Puerto Rico (CIAPR) is pending approval.
Resiliency: Microgrids and Coastal Preservation - September 7
- Offshore Potential of Hydraulic Wind Turbines; Luciano Castillo, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Microgrid Clusters; Sajjad Abedi, Ph.D., Purdue University
- Structures for Coastal Protection and Energy Harvesting; Oscar Curet, Ph.D., Florida Atlantic University
- Cogeneration and Energy Resilience - September 14
- Co-generation; Amaury Malavé, Ph.D., Puerto Rico Energy Center/Universidad del Turabo (10:00 to 11:30 a.m.)
- Big Data and its Applications - September 21
- Introduction to Big Data; Yahya Masalmah, Ph.D., Universidad del Turabo
- Big Data Applications
- Analyzing Big Data to Monitor Power Grids; M.Boumedine, Ph.D., University of the Virgin Islands
- Big Data for Open Access Smart Grids control; Manuel Rodríguez, Ph.D., Universidad de Puerto Rico - Mayagüez
- Cybersecurity - September 28